Subscribe With Your Favorite App
In this episode, we’re opening up the listener mailbag to answer questions about distributions that you might need to take from an inheritance, combining old 401ks into an IRA, and how to invest for inflation and how to invest if you’re on the doorstep of retirement.
Each of these planning discussions are pretty common for most retirees and pre-retirees so there’s a good chance you’ll find yourself in the same or similar situations as the people that are asking these questions today. We hope this show will provide some great strategies to take away and implement in your situation.
If you want to follow up on anything we discuss today or have questions of your own that you want us to answer, you can always do so right here on our website.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn on this episode:
- An explanation of what inflation is and how it works. [3:10]
- Why you need to have equities in your portfolio to help combat inflation over time. [6:15]
- The three things you need to do as you approach retirement. [9:58]
- How conservative do you need to be with investing when you get within 5 years of retirement? [14:24]
- Should you combine all of your 401ks into one IRA? [18:32]
- What you need to know about making withdrawals from inherited IRAs. [24:50]
Thanks for checking out this episode of the podcast. If you’d like to learn more about financial and retirement planning, check out our YouTube channel here.