Subscribe With Your Favorite App
In today’s episode, we are going to look at the results of the 2023 Retirement Confidence Survey. Join us as Scott unpacks these surprising statistics, shares his takeaways, and reveals the insights they provide when it comes to retirement planning. Whether you are nearing retirement or have already retired, this episode is packed with valuable information.
We’ll explore crucial factors such as income and spending expectations, and how they compare to the actual experiences of retirees. Additionally, we’ll discuss the importance of making your retirement savings last and the critical ingredient that plays a significant role in increasing retirement confidence. Don’t miss this opportunity to gain valuable knowledge that can help you make informed decisions about your retirement!
Here’s what we’ll discuss in this episode:
- Survey one’s results, which compares expected retirement expenses to the actual expense realities. [4:53]
- Scott’s takeaway from the first survey’s results. [8:05]
- The next survey that compares income source expectations to income source realities. [10:58]
- Knowing how much you can take out of your retirement savings is important. [17:47]
- Surveys show that most people favor income stability over maintaining wealth. [21:23]
- One of the key ingredients that helps increase confidence in retirement. [27:53]
Thanks for checking out this episode of the podcast. If you’d like to learn more about financial and retirement planning, check out our YouTube channel here.
Survey Website: https://www.ebri.org/retirement/retirement-confidence-survey
Retirement Confidence Sheet: https://www.ebri.org/docs/default-source/rcs/2023-rcs/rcs_23-fs-1_confid.pdf?sfvrsn=738d392f_4