Subscribe With Your Favorite App
Retirement can come with a lot of tax questions and concerns. From understanding the tax implications of withdrawing from your retirement accounts to minimizing taxes on investment income, it can be overwhelming. In today’s episode, we’ll break down 7 tax questions typical of people approaching retirement.
We’re going to help you understand what is and isn’t taxable, where taxes may come into play, and most importantly, how to potentially reduce your overall tax burden when it comes to retirement. By the end of this episode, you’ll hopefully have a better understanding of the tax implications of your retirement savings and investments, and you’ll be armed with the knowledge you need to make confident decisions that can help you potentially maximize your retirement income. Whether you’re already retired or planning for the future, this episode could be a must-listen for anyone looking to make the most of their retirement savings.
Here are a few lessons that we’ll discuss in this episode:
- What are the tax implications of withdrawing money from different retirement accounts? [4:16]
- Does the taxation of my pension income differ from other forms of income? [6:11]
- Your Social Security benefits might be taxed. [7:39]
- How will my taxes change if I move to another state in retirement? [13:47]
- Should I do a Roth conversion now or wait until retirement? [21:31]
Thanks for checking out this episode of the podcast. If you’d like to learn more about financial and retirement planning, check out our YouTube channel here.